.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SIMPLY MACARONI SALAD


I wanted to make macaroni salad but this time I wanted something a 
little different.  I have always used either canned tuna or chopped ham in it before.
Only change I could think of was to use neither of the above.  So I put this together
hoping it would taste ok and my husband and I both agree..... it is fantastic !
I was very happy with the way it turned out and I will be making it more now that
I dared to try it...

If you need a larger amount just double all of the ingredients..
I was cooking for just two of us so I made a smaller sized one that will be good for
us for a couple of days (lunches, dinners etc.)...that way we don't get tired of it and waste any...



2 cups macaroni rings
3/4 cup canned peas
1/4 cup chopped onions (or to your taste)
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons bacon bits
3 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
3/4 cup Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (more if desired)
________________________________________________________________________________

1.  Cook macaroni rings until done.  Rinse well with cold water.  Place in large bowl.
2.  Chop onion and celery.
3.  Remove shells and chop eggs to desired size.
4.  Place peas in colander and rinse well with cold water.
5.  Add all ingredients to bowl with macaroni rings and mix well.
6.  Place mayonnaise in small bow and stir well, thinning with cold water to consistency
    you prefer. (about like pancake batter)
7.  Pour on top of  ingredients and mix until all are coated.  (you can add more according to your own
     preference)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...