.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY


Oh my gosh!  Where do I start with this one...
..today, August 31, 2013
is
INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY !!!!

...shout it loud and clear from the rooftops...
(well at least I'm excited about it)
I love bacon...bacon....bacon...gimme some bacon !!

Seriously, as a child I refused to eat it.  I thought it was just nothing but
fat and couldn't understand why everybody loved it so much...

....now it's one of my friends...yes I know it's considered 'unhealthy'
and I know I have to limit how much I eat it ....
but I can still have fun with honoring this holiday ?

My recipe box of family recipes has a lot that involve bacon...
bacon hotdish...Spanish Rice with bacon...bacon omelet...
bacon pizza and on and on...
...my personal favorite is hamburger and bacon casserole where
you use both...yum...

so anyway...in recognition of International Bacon Day and since I
couldn't sleep long last night I set out to find some unique things
about bacon that I could put on here...

...first I started on a 'unique' recipes including bacon search and came up with these...

Bacon Brittle

Doesn't this look good...(here is that sweet and salty combination again)



...you can find this recipe here...


__________________________________________________________________________

Here are a few simple little bacon recipes I also found at the same website...

Bacon Butter

(isn't this one tempting...it would be so good on crackers)
..so easy to make too...


This is how you make this one:

1.  Cook 2 slices of bacon.
2.  Drain and chop into small pieces.
3.  Blend 1 stick of butter, bacon drippings from pan and 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
4.  Stir in the chopped bacon.

(Note: I am going to try this without the maple syrup)

_________________________________________________________________________

Bacon Buns

1.  Chop 1/4 cup cooked ham and 1/4 cup crumbled bacon.
2.  Place one tablespoon in the center of a refrigerator biscuit. (like Pillsbury)
3.  Fold in half and crimp edges together.
4.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

__________________________________________________________________________

Bacon Banana Bread

Add 1/2 cup crumbled bacon to your favorite banana bread recipe.

___________________________________________________________________________

Bacon Oatmeal

Stir 2 tablespoons each of maple syrup and  crumbled bacon into
2 cups of oatmeal.

___________________________________________________________________________

So there is my contribution to the recipes for International Bacon Day...
...but wait...we are not done celebrating this day yet..
...how about some fun bacon gifts for bacon lovers on your list...

_____________________________________________________________________________

Bacon Soap

(who doesn't need this huh?)

___________________________________________________________________________

....cute cute...

Bendable Mr. Bacon

___________________________________________________________________________

..this would wake me up in the mornings...
(can't guarantee it would be a hit with your fellow-employees though)

Bacon Flavored Toothpaste

__________________________________________________________________________

...and here is a must of course...
(especially if you are the one bringing home the bacon in the family)

Bacon Wallet


_____________________________________________________________________________

I want these on my Christmas tree...how about you?

Bacon Candy Canes


___________________________________________________________________________

...here is the link for all of these gifts and many more 'bacon gifts'


___________________________________________________________________________

So there you go...I could go on with this forever but...
anyway...hope you all enjoy your International Bacon Day !!!!

....if you have unique recipes or bacon gifts please share with us in the
comment section....thanks !!)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...