.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Friday, July 5, 2013

PAPER PINWHEELS

I spent two days this week making 4th of July pinwheels.  It was a fun project.  I went to the store looking for red, white and blue scrapbooking paper and found all kinds of Independence Day designs instead. I know there are lots of directions for pinwheels online, but everybody has their own little crafting techniques so I thought I would share mine too.

Supplies:
2 different designs of scrapbooking paper
lollipop stick
pencil eraser
thumb tack
whole puncher
glue gun

I used a 4" square sheet of paper because I wanted them to work for cupcake decorations.  I tried 3" but they were a little small to handle while putting together.  Holding 2 papers together with designs on both facing outward cut in from each corner stopping about 1/4" from center"


Next take your hole puncher and punch holes in each corner as diagram shows below:




Now put your thumbtack into one hole from the back side.  Place the hole in the next corner under the first one.  Continue to do this until you have all 4 corners on top of each other with the thumbtack holding them together.

After all corners are in the right place, push the thumbtack through the middle of the back of the pinwheel.

Cut the eraser off of your pencil and slide it securely onto the sharp end of the tack.
Now glue a lollipop stick to the back of the pinwheel with the top end of it against the bottom of the eraser as shown here:


.....and daa daa!  Here is the finished product:


NOTE:  These are not a toy due to the small eraser and thumbtack.
Please keep away from young children and use for decoration only.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...