.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

JOURNAL JAR

Some years back I came across this website and I have loved it since.  I think the Journal Jar is one of the best gifts to make for someone.  They have bunches of questions to choose from to print out and cut apart and place inside the jar.

The person you give it to can take out one strip each day and answer the question and put it back in the jar or attach it to paper journal pages.  This is a great thing to hand down from generation to generation.  It will remind people who you were and what your life was like as a child and later as an adult.  It is just full of information.

There are times I wish I could still ask my parents about something.  If I had one of these I would have my answers.  We all think of things down the road that we wish we had asked about.

You can use any kind of jar and they have a label to print out and put on it:


Here is an example of the question strips you can print:



They also have questions available for a child's Journal Jar such as these:


I just can't say enough about this craft project.
I think it is one of the best websites I have ever found.
I hope you all enjoy this and have fun making some Journal Jar gifts for people you love!
...and make one for yourself  (your great-great grandchildren will be happy to have it and know all about you!)





2 comments:

  1. This gift was so much fun to receive. Going through and answering the questions brought back so many memories. I can't wait to share those memories with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Laurie!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...