.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

CORN CAKES


Anybody who has been at a holiday dinner at our house knows that the Scalloped Corn is my specialty when it comes to cooking.  Not only do I love it myself but anybody who has eaten it has complimented me very nicely on how good it is.

  When I was young my mother showed me how to make it and she showed me one little trick that I have always used.  Along the way I came up with another little one of my own.  It's my two secrets to making what I think is the perfect scalloped corn!  I know there are recipes for it on the internet but it's my two tricks that I think makes mine special and I love secrets.....

soo.....I won't give them away.  Not just yet anyway.
But I will share with you this recipe I have for Corn Cakes.  Very delicious with ham or steak or just about anything as a side dish.  They are a nice change from potatoes or macaroni etc., although they would be good as a second side dish with those too!



2 cups cooked whole kernel corn, canned or fresh (drained)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
1 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1-1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 teaspoon salt

1.  Combine corn, onion, milk, with beaten egg in a bowl
2.  Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
3.  Add corn mixture and mix just enough to moisten.
4.  Drop 1/4 cup onto lightly greased griddle and fry until golden brown on both
     sides.

Here is the recipe for these Corn Cakes, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...