.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Monday, September 23, 2013

CHECKERS DAY


Today is:

Checkers Day !

Well here we are at 7:42 on a Monday morning and it's time to
celebrate!.....celebrate!....celebrate another holiday !
....kind of a fun one today too....if you like the game checkers....

I think it's probably one of the oldest if not the oldest board
game there is...don't quote me on that because I don't know but
I do know when my husband watches all of those old westerns on TV
there is a lot of checkers playing going on in those....such as on
Marshall Dillon (Gunsmoke)...he watches it under both titles...
you see Chester and Doc playing checkers in many episodes...

It's an ok game but I never really thought of it as one of my
favorites....I guess I didn't like the feeling of being trapped that
you get when the other person is winning...just something about
that...

As you all know I love creating my animations to celebrate
these fun holidays....and I had originally planned to do an
animated Checkers board too..but then I thought...why not
do a printable game instead....thought you all might like
that...so I did this Halloween one...from that I got the idea
of doing one for each holiday season, Halloween Thanksgiving,
Christmas and Easter.....so you will probably see them coming 
up here on my blog for all of those occasions since I did have
fun making this one...

I would print this on cardstock paper of course, the heaviest that
your printer will handle....or you could print on regular printer paper and
glue or tape it onto a cardboard background if you really want it strong...
if you really have time and feel like Mod Podging it, that would work
great too....for a gift I would most likely do that...

....as for the checkers you could do the same, or in some cases when
I have made quick paper checker boards I have just taped a penny to
the bottom of them to make them a little stronger and easier to pick up
and handle....

...so here you go....
this is what my Halloween Checkers game looks like...
below it are the links to print it...
...have fun and I hope you all enjoy your
Checkers Day
holiday !




(NOTE:  The pumpkin design at the top and bottom of the checkerboard is a free one that I borrowed from another website since I got this idea too late to make my own.  I am trying to find the link for that site and as soon as I find it I will sure credit them for their beautiful work.  If anyone knows the name of it please post it in the comments.  I saved it and can't seem to find it in my website list right now).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...