.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZAS


As I have said before, and maybe many times...
I love simple recipes that use common ingredients that
you either have on hand or can simply get them on a quick
trip to the store...

...this is one of those that I am talking about...doesn't it look good!
I have made something like this using hamburger buns before but I
like this idea with the English Muffins because they have more texture and
just seem more pizza-like to me...

...there are so many nights my husband and I just don't want a
big meal but have to eat something and this will be one of those easier
recipes to throw together on those nights...not too heavy and not
too time consuming to make...

(it can be made with just the sauce and cheese too if you prefer)

English Muffin Pizzas. Photo by I'mPat

All you need is:

6 English Muffins. (12 halves)
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce (or 1 cup depending on how much sauce you like)
1 cup shredded mozzarella (or whatever kind of cheese you prefer)
36 slices pepperoni

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place 12 English Muffin halves on a baking sheet.
3. Spread 1 or 2 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce on each one.
4. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
5. Place pepperoni slices on top (2 or 3 on each one)
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and muffins are toasty.

Of course you can add any additional pizza toppings that you like. I think a little onion on mine would be good.

(TIP: don't overdo on the sauce as it could make the bottom of the English muffin soggy.)

....here is where I got this recipe:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...