.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

MUG RUG (Crochet)


I have so many rolls of left-over yarns stuffed here and there
around the house....I always think there will be something that
I can use them for and I just hate to throw something like that away...
well...now we are getting close to the time that I like to make a few
little things to donate to the church's fall sale...so I decided to use up
some of it on an easy and quick little project for that...just as I was trying
to decide what to make I started coming across little 'Mug Rugs'
around the internet...and what great timing!

....so I sat down and came up with a fast and cute version of
my own...now I am going to town with my little Mug Rugs and
having fun doing them as I watch TV ....it's a nice little break from
everything else and they go so fast you can see your accomplishments
accumulate quickly...I have about 10 sets done already...

I have seen patterns for some that are about 10 inches long for the
purpose of putting your coffee or cocoa mug on them with a 
snack alongside...but I wanted mine to just be little things big enough
to set your cup on...so here is my pattern....



Materials:
Crochet hook size K
4 ply yarn of choice (I use Red Heart)
Buttons and Beads (one per Mug Rug)

1.  Chain 12, turn.
2.  Sc in each of next 10 chains, ch 2, turn. (11 sc).
3.  Double crochet in 2nd sc from hook and next 9 sc., ch 2, turn (11 double crochet)
4.  Continue in this pattern until you have 8 rows of double crochet. End row 8 with 1 sc., turn.
5.  Sc all around 4 sides with ( sc, ch 1, sc,) in each corner.
6.  Hide ends and sew on button or bead of your choice.

That's it, I hope this is easy to follow. If there's any question feel free to ask...enjoy!
________________________________________________________________________________

For the church sale I found that they fit just right in a Ziploc sandwich bag so I packaged a set of 2 together this way...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...