.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

.4TH OF JULY CRAFT AND RECIPE WEEK



I have many 4th of July memories from my childhood...
it was pretty much the highlight of the summer at our house...
it meant my parents coming home from the store with a big
watermelon...and we couldn't wait until we could have a nice
slice of it...I got excited about it every year even though I
never really liked watermelon too much...there was just something
so pretty and 'holiday' about it....
...and then there were the little round firecrackers that we threw
onto the sidewalk and they popped...I loved those things...when we
got older...I think around eleven or twelve we got to have the mini firecracker which I think were called Lady Fingers that you actually lit and tossed away from you...supposedly
...but I did have one blow up in my hand the first time I used them
...it wasn't serious because they were so tiny but
 it did make me respect them
enough to be careful from then on....

....the total highlight of the day was after dark when we got to use
sparklers...oh how I loved those things..I remember my dad lighting
them for me and my two brothers and he would always tell
them to watch out for my hair when swinging them around....it was
great fun for all of us...

....the only problem was...as I remember it...we always ended up with
storms on those nights...my parents would tell us that the fireworks
brought them on...I'm not sure if they were right but when I looked
at the sky and saw it lighting up all over from the big fireworks around
town I thought that sure was what caused them....

....so, with all of those memories and more of the 4th of July I wanted
to do a week of crafts and recipes that all of you can consider making...
I hope you will find something that you enjoy for this
fun holiday...and hope it's a great memory maker for you and your family!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...