.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Monday, July 7, 2014

THE OOF-DA KIDS HAVE ARRIVED!


This past winter after having two arm surgeries, and being limited on what I could do
for some time while the incisions healed and the pain subsided, of course I turned to
my computer since my other arm was still usable to handle a mouse...

I sat down one day and opened one of my graphics programs and started creating 'this
and thats' and these little kid characters came out of it...
the more I worked with them, the more I was enjoying seeing what I could create...
trying to make them each individuals with a personality of their own...
and since kids have different colors of hair I decided these should too...

Then...as I went along with them I was showing them to my husband...
each time I finished one I would tell him to come and see...
so after they were done to the point that I wanted them...
I sat down in the living room and told him ....
'you need to help me come up with a name for my little computer kids'
.....and I said...
'...it has to be something different and cute....'
well...he looked at me and said
"how about oof-da Kids!

I reacted with "yess! it's perfect"!
so...waaa laaa! ...they became my oof-da Kids!

...now this is a special name to me because my grandmother, who passed away when I was
only seven years old used the expression "oof-da" a lot....especially when she would lift
us up to sit us on her lap...
...in fact....
she used it so much that my brother actually thought his name
was 'o o f i e' !

...so, as you can see, every time I hear the word oof-da (my choice of many spellings for it)
it brings back memories of my grandma....

....if you are interested in where the word oof-da came from
here is an article on it...

....now, before I explain more how I created these, I will introduce you to 
each one of them with a head shot so you can see close up the hair colors I used
and also the face expressions which make up the different personalities...
.....just click for a larger view...
....as we go along here I plan to create more with different kinds of expressions.....

...I have full body ones in many different outfits and themes
and will share the printables (all free) for those next...
I hope you all enjoy these little ones!

by KhristelleGraphics

....and...


....printable versions of the oof-da Kids coming very soon....
byKhristelleGraphics

...as to my creation of these little cuties...
I made the bodies from scratch in my graphics program...
I also designed most of the clothing...I did use a little help from an older version
of a program called Scrapbook Factory...in which they have paperdoll clothing
and items and allow you to alter and edit them any way you like...
I got some of my face expression ideas from that program also...
it was great having it to help out...
I created the hair myself after studying some wigs online to see how
to highlight the different colors...I felt like a beautician!

As I said above, these are all free for you to print, as often as you
would like....I know how it is to come across something on a blog that you
really like only to find out that you have to send money to have it...
that is not what my blog is about....nothing on here is sold for money....
including graphics that I create myself....

....so...as for my disclaimer on my oof-da Kids:

1. Feel free to print as often as you wish.
2. You may post them on your own blog but I ask that you do not post the actual printables.
    Please link your guests back here to mine as I would like to know I am credited for
    creating these.
3. My creations are not to be sold, but for your personal use only.

That's it!
Have fun....
Enjoy....

...and if you use my oof-da Kids it would be great fun to hear from you telling us
in what ways you are using them....it's easy to leave a comment on my blog...
you can also email me using the tab above called 'contact me'!

My oof-da Kids are sized for printing on an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.
I suggest using card stock.
(you can make smaller prints by sizing it in your printer software)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.
IDEAS FOR OOF-DA KIDS
___________________________________________________________________________
oof-da Kids can be used in many different ways....
little kids love them as a little paper doll to carry around with them...
and parents: 
if their little oof-da kid wears out or gets all torn...simply come back here and
print them a brand new one!
______________________________________________________________________________
Oof-da Kids make cute bookmarks!
_______________________________________________________________________________
How about gluing or taping a few oof-da Kids onto popsicle sticks for a little puppet show...
or stick them into a cupcake or a cake....
________________________________________________________________________________
You can print several oof-das and hang together for a mobile!
________________________________________________________________________________
How about printing one or more out and slipping it into a greeting card
or letter for an extra little surprise!
_________________________________________________________________________________
How about putting one into your child's lunch bag to surprise him/her!
_________________________________________________________________________________
You can punch a little hole at the top and use as a gift tag on a package...
you can also make the string or ribbon a little longer and hang them on doorknobs...
or on kitchen cabinet handles...dresser handles....fun fun!
_________________________________________________________________________________
The ideas for these little ones are endless...
these are just a few suggestions...
if you have any other fun ideas we would love to hear them...!
________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...