.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

SPAGHETTI HOTDISH


okay all...
here's the question...
is it 'casserole' or 'hotdish' ?
...we grew up calling it hotdish...but now....
they seem to all be called casseroles....
anybody know the difference...is there a difference...
and if not...
why did the title for it change...huh huh huh ????

...if anyone knows a difference please tell us...we would love to hear it...

...here in my house we still call it hotdish most of the time...
it's kind of like 'pizza pie' changing to just 'pizza'
over the years...
or...'Coca Cola' becoming just 'Coke'
and hey...we don't eat 'licorice sticks' anymore...
now we just eat 'licorice'.....

...well anyway....here I am posting one of my
hotdish casseroles...

....it's been a while since I made this one...but I wanted to get supper
made early today and this is one thing I can do that with and just
put it in the oven 45 minutes before we eat....

...this is a 'simple' kind of recipe..or...should I say 'plain' recipe...
'old-fashioned'....'inexpensive'....or just 'easy' recipe...

...whatever you call it...take it from me...it is delicious!



Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 box spaghetti (you can use any kind of pasta but I like it with spaghetti) 7 oz.
2 cans tomato soup (I use only Campbell's but any brand should work fine).
Chopped onion (to taste)
Cheese of choice (I used a combination of American slices and Shredded Cheddar).
Pepperoni

Instructions:
1.  Cook and brown ground beef.
2.  Break spaghetti into about 4 pieces and cook as directed and drain.
3.  Mix spaghetti and ground beef in kettle.
4. Add the 2 cans of tomato soup and approx. 3/4 soup can of water.
5. Mix well and heat until soup is bubbly.
6. Pour into a buttered casserole dish.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove and cover top with shredded Cheddar. Then break the American Cheese in strips and place on top of the Cheddar. Put back in oven for 15 minutes to melt the cheeses.

After removing from oven, add the pepperoni on top and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes until pepperoni is hot.

You can add the pickles on top of the pepperoni or serve on the side...either way is good!



Serve and enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...