.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NEW YEAR MEMORY JARS


I just love the idea of the yearly
memory jar....
such a fun thing that everyone in the house can
participate in during the year and
enjoy together when you read all of the
comments in the jar on New Year's Eve...

...after that you can just put it all back into
the jar and continue using the cards for following
years...or each year you can put them all into
a book and have a yearly memory scrapbook...

I like the idea of using recipe cards so you can
use them for more than one year and have plenty of
room to write on them....

I am putting together one using a large clear
glass cookie jar that I will decorate a little...
probably with some pretty paper strips...
and regular sized recipe cards...

I also plan to add things like restaurant receipts,
birthday cards, gift cards, tickets etc. to
go along with our comments about the day...maybe
even some pictures....

I really do wish I had thought of doing something
like this years ago...but it's never too late to do a
Memory Jar !


...here is a link that gives you more ideas on this...
http://steamykitchen.com/19992-memory-jar.html
_____________________________________________________________________________

...and here is another one...



...if you simply do a web search of  'memory jar'
you will get many, many blogs that have different ideas
for them...have fun !

1 comment:

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...