.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Friday, December 19, 2014

CHRISTMAS CARD DECORATION


This is going to be just a quick little post about
an easy Christmas gift project...
I wanted to come up with a little homemade gift so I went
searching in my craft drawers and this is what I came up with...

...first, I had these stacks or wooden boards, or slats I think they
are officially called in the craft stores....you can buy them pretty much
anywhere that sells craft items...and they are inexpensive...I bought mine
a couple of packs at a time over the years so I have had a good supply
on hand...

...when I picked these up I also bought bags of different sized
wooden pieces...so I took all of these and started thinking about what
I could do with them for Christmas...
then I remembered the boxes of left-over Christmas cards
that we had accumulated over the years and went to work cutting those
to fit on the slats....

then I used these board shapes...


...after I cut the Christmas cards to fit the board I Mod Podged
them onto it and let it dry well...


...I glued the mini popsicle stick to the center of both the
top and bottom edges of the picture...after it dried I painted them and
the edge of the boards that were showing alongside of them...

...next I glued the longer stick to the top of the board in the back
just to put a little finishing look on it...I painted that the same
color as the popsicle sticks...

After everything dried well I mixed some fine silver glitter into Mod Podge
and covered the entire thing with it....it dried with a very nice glittery
look but you can still clearly see the picture on the card....

...I then finished them off by gluing a hanger of jute cord with a couple
silver beads on it....you could use ribbon or any other kind of hanger
that you prefer...I used this because I wanted them to have a little bit of
a country Christmas look to them...

...after everything was good and dry I glued a little button to the
middle of the top popsicle stick to add to the country look...

...here is the final result...


I hope this is not too confusing...it really is a simple
little gift to make...the most time consuming part of it
is waiting for the paint, glue and Mod Podge to dry...
otherwise it's easy to make...

I think considering it was a last-minute idea it turned
out pretty good !
.....Merry Christmas....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...