.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Monday, April 27, 2015

CRUNCHY EGG SALAD & PEPPERONI SANDWICH



I decided to get a little pretty and fancy with my lunch
today...and believe it or not even with this as part of
my day I am still staying within my recommended amount
of carbohydrates, calories and sodium...
it looks like it would be very unhealthy with the pepperoni salt
and bread carbohydrates but actually it is not bad at all...
I just have to adjust the rest of my food for the day to
compensate for it...

...first of all...I love the Walmart
Bolillios Rolls...
I can't get enough of these things....they are great for any kind of
sandwich...
my husband and I refer to them as football buns because
of the shape and color of them...

so...for this sandwich I first cut up 5 slices of pepperoni..
that sounds like a silly little amount but again it helps me stay
within my sodium amount for the day and when you chop it up you
get plenty of flavor from just 5 slices....


..next I took 2 hard boiled eggs and mashed them up 
with 2 tablespoons of Hellman's mayonnaise...
of course you can use your favorite brand of mayonnaise
or miracle whip..either one is fine...
I didn't add any onion or other spices to this since the
pepperoni will be spicy but you could add anything
you like mixed in with your egg salad...

 

...before I started to put this together I cut the roll in half length-wise
and put it in the microwave for just a few seconds until it was nice
and warm and then wrapped it in plastic wrap and set it aside to cool...
this is not required of course but
it gets nice and soft if you do that..


...spread the egg salad evenly between the two sides of the roll
so you have an open-faced sandwich...it makes it look very pretty
and it also makes it seem like you have a bigger amount of food
for this meal than you really do! ..this helps to stay with your diet I think...

...after covering the roll with the egg salad I added a little bit of
pepper on top...partly for taste and partly to pretty it up more too...

...now I scattered the little pieces of my pepperoni all over the top of
the egg salad...

...on top of that I crushed a few chips to give this sandwich that
crunch that we all like so much...I had measured out a one ounce
serving of baked chips so I just added what was left over of them
as a little side...you could serve with anything else that fits into
your diet numbers for lunch such as a nice pickle or some raw vegetables
instead of the chips...

and...waa-laaaa!
...here is how my sandwich looks...
it was very nice to look at and tasty...I was more than full after I ate
it and I enjoyed the combination of the egg salad and the little taste
of salt from the pepperoni and crushed chips...


....enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...