.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Friday, November 18, 2016

TURKEY CORN CHOWDER


Years ago I used to wonder what exactly corn chowder was...
I didn't have recipes for it in my books and of course back then
there was no internet....but there was something about it that really
had me interested....I guess because I always loved corn...especially
cream style corn....but most of all how I loved my mother's scalloped corn
on Thanksgiving and Christmas...I now make that more often than just
on those holidays because both my hubby and I like it so much....

...a few years ago I went searching for a recipe to see what
corn chowder was...it looked pretty easy to make so I tried it...and it
was delicious....it was so creamy and had just the right amount of
corn and potatoes and bacon in it...just perfect...

...but now...as I was looking here and there to get different ideas for
using left-overs I found this recipe for Turkey Corn Chowder...
even when we are invited out for dinner we still make our own
turkey just to have left-overs...and I can freeze some of it for later too....
oh my...can't wait to try it...now we buy 'no salt added' canned
everything so it will be safe for me to eat on my low sodium diet....
see how good this looks.....!


I am thinking this would be just as good with chicken instead of the turkey too...
...get the recipe here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...