.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

MEATLOAF RECIPE





Here is my favorite way to make meatloaf.

First I gather and measure all the ingredients before I start mixing it up.  Seems to go faster that way for some reason.  I like using the potato flakes instead of bread crumbs or cracker crumbs.  It's easier and adds a good flavor.


Mix together:

2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
Finely chopped onion (to taste)
1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix (mix with a little water and let it sit about 5 minutes)



Add all ingredients to a large bowl to mix.  You can add more milk and potato flakes if needed to get the right texture for a loaf.

Season top of meatloaf with salt and pepper to taste after placing in the pan.

Bake in 375 degree oven uncovered for 1 hour, then covered with foil for 45 minutes.  I then turn it over and leave in oven until the bottom side is nice and browned also.


Please excuse the red line on my photos.  We are not sure what is causing my camera to do that but we are working on fixing it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...