.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Monday, October 27, 2014

BACON BAKED MAC & CHEESE CASSEROLE


I remember the delicious
homemade macaroni & cheese that my mom made for us
when we were growing up...
I still need to have that from time to time, but when I make it,
it's not as awesome as I remember when Mom made it...
when I was little and got sick she would ask me what I wanted
for supper and I always asked for macaroni & cheese...
I would be 'in bed' on the living room couch and she
would bring me a plate of it along with a buttered slice of bread....
sick as I was I still enjoyed it...

....then along came the boxed versions which we do buy
and have from time to time...it's good...and we like to create
different recipes with it...such as baking it with some kind
of meat involved...sliced hot dogs...smoked sausage...
even cut up pieces of pork tenderloin or stew meat...

I came across this recipe when I was passing some time
looking around one day and I thought it looked pretty good...
when I try it of course the cream of mushroom soup
will be replaced with cream of chicken though as I just
can't handle mushrooms in any shape or form on my plate...

I'm thinking it's not the most healthy recipe
with the bacon and crackers being so salty and all
the carbs in some of the ingredients...
but as we always hear....
'it's all about moderation!'
....I would suggest to not overdo on this one...
but again like I always say....
eating unhealthy is acceptable just now and then...

Bacon Baked Macaroni and Cheese Casserole Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

....here is the recipe...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...