.

Be the reason someone smiles today.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

EASY DEVILED EGGS


Have I ever said that I love deviled eggs??
Most likely I have...
and did you know that they are a food that goes back as far
as ancient Rome? Interesting....
here is all kinds of info on them...


I'm also sure that I have said I like simple cooking...
you know...those dishes that get done fast and that you
can prepare early in the day and get all of the 
pots and pans etc. that you use to make them cleaned up early
 so you can relax and enjoy the food
at supper time...this is one of those kind...
this is my recipe...people I have served them to including my
husband love them...

(and thanks to my husband for taking this nice photo for me)


...this is one of those recipes that you can do anyway you
prefer them, according to your personal taste...no set amounts
on the ingredients...it's also easy to add any extras that sound good to you...
I have made these numerous times without the bacon bits, celery and onion...
I have cooked for lots of people who prefer NO ONION !!....
these eggs are delicious that way too....
(they are also great with a little chopped pepperoni in the yoke!).

You will need:

Hard boiled eggs (nice and cold).
Hellman's Mayonnaise (to taste according to how many eggs you are making).
Finely chopped celery (again your choice how much you put on them).
Finely chopped onion (optional).
Bacon bits (either the bottled kind or crumbled fresh fried bacon...I use the real ones in a bottle).

1. Hard boil eggs however you prefer to do them. I still do them the old-fashioned way instead of how they
   recommend now where you take them off the burner and let them cook in the hot water.
2. After cold, remove shells, cut in half and put the yokes in a bowl.
3.  Mash yolks and mix with Mayonnaise. I like to use a good amount to make the filling nice and creamy.
4.  Fill up eggs with yolk mixture.
5.  Sprinkle top with chopped celery, onion & bacon bits. (I go pretty light with the bacon so the taste isn't 
    too over-powering).

That's it...put in a pretty bowl or plate, tightly cover with plastic wrap and place back in refrigerator
until time to serve. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you have time. We would love to hear from you!

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS

PLASTIC CANVAS FACE MASK CLIPS I have been sitting back wondering how I could help with this pandemic... I wanted to do...